Finally Visual Studio Tools for Unity 2.3 is available…..yay!!! Last week Microsoft announced VSTU 2.3, long overdue in some peoples eyes (yes mine included).
Why upgrade VSTU 2.3
I have a certain odd relationship with technology, I’m both excited and scared of updates. But then again I’m not alone in that feeling but there are several good reasons to update to VSTU 2.3.
- VSTU no longer conflicts with the Xamarin tools, preventing you from debug your Unity game.
- You can now use the text, XML, HTML and JSON string visualizers when debugging.
- Support for function breakpoints in Visual Studio 2015 is now included.
- All of Unity’s MonoBehaviours are now available from our wizards.
- Multiple issues in the expression evaluation of the debugger have been resolved.
For upgrade instructions go to The Visual Studio Blog.